This recipe has been passed down through the family, starting with my grandmother, who learned it from her neighbor. It's a delightful way to prepare eggplant.
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place with cut side down in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Cool, peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, eggs and onion. Add dressing, salt and pepper; toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1994, p49
Reviews for Eggplant Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review