Eggplant Provencal Recipe
This hearty one-dish meal is sure to please. The classic combination of chicken, eggplant and pasta is unbeatable.
- 3 cups peeled eggplant strips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute eggplant in butter for 10 minutes. Add the onion, celery and garlic; saute until vegetables are tender. Add the next seven ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pasta; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC