Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
We really like eggplant and would rather have it baked than fried. This can be served as a main dish or side dish. -Donna Wardlow-Keating, Omaha, Nebraska
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Combine oil and garlic; brush over both sides of eggplant slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Place half of the eggplant in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the basil and Parmesan cheese. Arrange tomato slices over top; sprinkle with remaining basil and Parmesan. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese and the remaining eggplant; top with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC