- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine oil and garlic; brush over both sides of eggplant slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place half of the eggplant in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the basil and Parmesan cheese. Arrange tomato slices over top; sprinkle with remaining basil and Parmesan. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese and the remaining eggplant; top with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Eggplant Parmesan
Sort By :
"this is a simple and very good summer recipe even for those that don't like eggplant"
"Very good recipe! The only thing I did differently from the original recipe was to lightly salt and pepper the tomato layer. Very tasty and low cal and carb!"
"Great recipe. Loved that it was low carb. Made it according to recipe except used low fat mozzarella, asiago instead of parm, and Italian seasoning instead of basil (what I had in the kitchen). Hubby said he would not eat unless made traditionally (breaded and fried). He really liked it!! Definitely a keeper in my recipe box."
"Excellent - love it !!!"
"Delicious. We plan on making this several more times this summer with eggplant, tomatoes, and fresh basil from the farmers' market. Yum!!"