Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine oil and garlic; brush over both sides of eggplant slices. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place half of the eggplant in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the basil and Parmesan cheese. Arrange tomato slices over top; sprinkle with remaining basil and Parmesan. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese and the remaining eggplant; top with remaining mozzarella. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Eggplant Parmesan(7)
Sort By :
Delicious. We plan on making this several more times this summer with eggplant, tomatoes, and fresh basil from the farmers' market. Yum!!
We found this recipe very bland. Would add marinara sauce next time and maybe some oregano with the basil. Liked the fact that it's baked though so may give it another try.
Exceptionally good recipe. Not the greasy egg dipped Eggplant Parmesan from the past. It's just perfect, especially if you can afford to indulge in fresh mozarella (I got it for less than half price today!). I made this in 2008 for a friend who loves Eggplant Parmesan and fatty foods, and he dubbed this the best ever. :) The fresher ingredients, the better.
These were delish and my kids actually tried eggplant and loved it!
This is perfect. Next time I'll have to make some meat to go with it for my meat loving husband. The kids and I loved it though and my husband ate it.
More Recipe Collections
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >