- oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and remaining salt
- and pepper. Add eggplant, a few slices at a time, and shake to coat.
- In the same skillet, cook eggplant in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until golden brown.
- Split each loaf of focaccia in half. Spread reserved olive mixture
- over each focaccia bottom; top with eggplant, mushroom mixture,
- tomatoes and cheeses.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 2-3 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Replace focaccia tops. Cut each loaf into
- six wedges. Yield: 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 372 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.