Eggplant in Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in. thick slices. Place on a broiler pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle over eggplant. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 50 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Eggplant in Tomato Sauce
"This is such an easy way to fix up eggplant and fast. I used spagetti sauce instead, and I also sprinkled the eggplant with garlic powder and itailian seasoning. I olny used half of the parmesan, but I also spinked it with motzerella. It is simple, but very good, and will definately be making it again."