Things don't get much quicker than this mouthwatering side dish from Edna Hoffman. The Hebron, Indiana reader broils sliced eggplant before topping it with a speedy garlic-seasoned tomato sauce and a little Parmesan cheese.—Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in. thick slices. Place on a broiler pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle over eggplant. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant with Tomato Sauce in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p11
Reviews for Eggplant in Tomato Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review