I'm now a professional chef, but I loved making this recipe for the family on Friday nights as a home cook. We like to shake pizza up with unique, fresh toppings. —Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
Recommended: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cubed eggplant (1/2 inch)
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute eggplant and onion with salt and pepper until eggplant begins to soften, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic; remove from heat.
- Place naan on a baking sheet. Spread with ricotta cheese; sprinkle with oregano. Spread with tomato sauce. Top with eggplant mixture and whole basil leaves. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. If desired, top with sliced basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Flatbread Pizzas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Eggplant Flatbread Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review