- cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the
- cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to
- thicken (but are not hard), about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon,
- lift each egg out of the water.
- Top each muffin half with an eggplant slice, egg, 3 tablespoons
- salmon and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg
- yolks, water and lemon juice until mixture begins to thicken and
- coats the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle
- in melted butter, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons sauce onto eight serving plates. Top with a
- prepared muffin; sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 421 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 350 mg cholesterol, 915 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.