Here’s a memorable take on an all-time classic. Maxine Petersohn tops eggplant slices with chopped tomatoes, fresh basil and cheese before broiling them. "My family thoroughly enjoys them," she pens from Cortez, Florida.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place eggplant slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and gently toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Coat both sides of each slice with cooking spray. Place on a broiler pan. Top eggplant with tomatoes, basil and cheeses. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until eggplant is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Bruschetta in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Eggplant Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review