- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place eggplant slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and gently toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Coat both sides of each slice with cooking spray. Place on a broiler pan. Top eggplant with tomatoes, basil and cheeses. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until eggplant is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEggplant Bruschetta
"I enjoyed this recipe, but I did add a few ingredients. Instead of topping the ingredients separate I mixed them together in a bowl and added two green onions, garlic powder, and olive oil. I then topped the egg plant with the mixture. Before putting in the oven I added salt and pepper. I would turn your broiler on the low setting and watch carefully.My man and I really enjoyed this."