Eggplant Au Gratin
From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1/2 pound) , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 7-8
- minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire
- Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with
- cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2
- tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 287 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.