Eggplant Au Gratin Recipe
From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1/2 pound) , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 7-8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 287 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Eggplant Au Gratin
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC