From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1/2 pound) , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 7-8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Au Gratin in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p33
Reviews for Eggplant Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2013
"guess we don't really like eggplant."
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2012
"So easy and so good. I added a bit of leftover ground beef to the pasta sauce, and used Parmesan for the entire thing. Will definitely make often."