From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1/2 pound) , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Turn and bake 7-8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Au Gratin in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p33
Reviews for Eggplant Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2013
"guess we don't really like eggplant."
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2012
"So easy and so good. I added a bit of leftover ground beef to the pasta sauce, and used Parmesan for the entire thing. Will definitely make often."