- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add
- the remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes to allow flavors to blend,
- stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine mozzarella and
- cream cheese; mix well. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in 2
- tablespoons oil until tender; remove and set aside.
- Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip eggplant
- in eggs, then bread crumbs. Fry eggplant in remaining oil in batches
- for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- Spoon 1 cup sauce into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer
- eggplant slices with zucchini; top each with 3 tablespoons cheese
- mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Top with
- remaining sauce. Cover and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 rollatini equals 601 calories, 41 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1,244 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.