- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons eggnog
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, eggnog, oil, extract and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-41 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough eggnog to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Tube Cake
Sort By :
This recipe is almost exactly like a recipe from a cookbook published in 2002, except this added 1/4 c more eggnog. Still, a great cake and easy to make amidst the busy holiday activities.
the stars didn't appear on my review
I didn't have a tube pan so I used loaf pans
This cake came out nice and moist and very flavourful. Will definetly make again
Easy to make and excellent taste!
I made this cake for a friend, but it never left my kitchen. My family LOVED it. Not only did I end up making another one for my friend, but I made three more to take to parties, etc. This is such an easy cake to make, and I took pixie's advice and used yellow cake mix. In one cake I used Rum extract, and in another I used the real thing. In another one I used vanilla extract. I do recommend using a traditional eggnog for a truly delicious cake. Can't wait to make it again next year!!