- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons eggnog
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, eggnog, oil, extract and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-41 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough eggnog to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Tube Cake
Sort By :
"Absolutely deeelicious! Followed the recipe except I used 2 TBS. real dark rum. Cake was like eating a Dunkin Donuts plain donut. Yummy! I will make this again and again."
"Very easy to make with good egg nog flavor. I don't care for egg nog, but the cake was good! I'll save this recipe."
"I first tried this recipe after becoming an eggnog fan. It is wonderful! The first time made as directed. Second time I wanted to share so used 5 mini loaf pans. The little cakes were a beautiful pal yellow color. Wrapped in plastic, the little loaves made wonderful treats for neighbors. This is a perfect recipe!"
"This recipe is almost exactly like a recipe from a cookbook published in 2002, except this added 1/4 c more eggnog. Still, a great cake and easy to make amidst the busy holiday activities."
"the stars didn't appear on my review"