- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons eggnog
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, eggnog, oil, extract and nutmeg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-41 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, extract and enough eggnog to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Tube Cake
"Absolutely deeelicious! Followed the recipe except I used 2 TBS. real dark rum. cake was like eating a Dunkin Donuts plain donut. Yummy! I will make this again and again."
"Very easy to make with good egg nog flavor. I don't care for egg nog, but the cake was good! I'll save this recipe."
"I first tried this recipe after becoming an eggnog fan. It is wonderful! The first time made as directed. Second time I wanted to share so used 5 mini loaf pans. The little cakes were a beautiful pal yellow color. Wrapped in plastic, the little loaves made wonderful treats for neighbors. This is a perfect recipe!"
"the stars didn't appear on my review"
"I didn't have a tube pan so I used loaf pansThis cake came out nice and moist and very flavourful. Will definetly make again"
"Easy to make and excellent taste!"
"I made this cake for a friend, but it never left my kitchen. My family LOVED it. Not only did I end up making another one for my friend, but I made three more to take to parties, etc. This is such an easy cake to make, and I took pixie's advice and used yellow cake mix. In one cake I used Rum extract, and in another I used the real thing. In another one I used vanilla extract. I do recommend using a traditional eggnog for a truly delicious cake. Can't wait to make it again next year!!"
"No one ate it when I made it. Pretty gross but thats just my opinion. Maybe I didnt get the right kind of egg nog..not sure what I did wrong"