- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a microwave, melt semisweet chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a narrow pastry brush, brush the inside of 1-in. foil candy liners with 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate. Freeze for 45 minutes or until firm.
- Using 1/4 teaspoon chocolate mixture for each cup, brush on another layer of chocolate. Freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan, bring eggnog to a boil over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in white baking chips until melted. Stir in extract. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until filling begins to set.
- Spoon or pipe 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each cup. Freeze until firm. Carefully remove and discard foil cups. Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog Truffle Cups
"These were a huge hit... However had trouble with putting the chocolate in the candy foils... The foils kept collapsing... So I ended up using the silicone mini muffin cups... Which made it larger than it was suppose to be... But so worth the effort... By request I am making it again this year..."
"Had these at a tea and they were great."