Eggnog Truffle Cups Recipe
“If you like homemade eggnog, you'll love these elegant truffle cups,” Terrie Malsom, Vermillion, South Dakota, suggests a tasty way to say “cheers” to the holidays. To save time, use small premade chocolate cups.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + freezing YIELD:36 servings
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a microwave, melt semisweet chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Using a narrow pastry brush, brush the inside of 1-in. foil candy liners with 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate. Freeze for 45 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Using 1/4 teaspoon chocolate mixture for each cup, brush on another layer of chocolate. Freeze until firm.
- 3. In a small saucepan, bring eggnog to a boil over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in white baking chips until melted. Stir in extract. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until filling begins to set.
- 4. Spoon or pipe 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each cup. Freeze until firm. Carefully remove and discard foil cups. Cover and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC