Eggnog Trifle Recipe
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces) or sponge cake
- 1 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherry halves
- 1. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix until blended. Gradually add eggnog; mix well. Fold in extract and 1 cup whipped cream; set aside.
- 2. Cut cake into 1/2-in. slices; place a fourth in a 2-qt. serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup jam. Spoon 1 cup of eggnog mixture over all. Repeat twice. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Fold sugar and vanilla into remaining whipped cream; spoon on top of trifle. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Trifle
"This recipe is delicious. I added some fresh whole raspberries instead of the cherries, and some crushed ginger snap cookies on the top for a little crunch."
"Everyone loved this! I made this for Christmas dinner and it was delicious! Numerous people asked for seconds."
"I'm not an egg nog fan but, I made this for Christmas and believe me, THIS is the way for me to enjoy egg nog. 5 STARS."
"I served this to my guests and most of it went down the disposal. Nobody liked this, especially the jam in this trifle. Not a good choice. Skip this one."
"I have been making this for 3 years now and every time I take it anywhere the bowl comes home empty. I always have requests..love it!"
"This trifle is just Delish in every way, the flavour of the eggnog is right through. Unfortunetly, we only get eggnog at Christmas time in Australia, but it will be worth waiting, to make it again next year"
"you can eat it with your eyes first your taste buds second and third it was wonderfull even the second time. Good good job. Wonderful recipe."