Eggnog Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
Rich and absolutely fabulous—my family's five-star dessert is simply an opulent presentation that is almost too good to eat. You'll relish every luscious bite.—Tonya Burkhard, Davis, Illinois
- 12 large egg yolks
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 2-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup instant espresso powder
- 70 crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1. In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, 1-1/3 cups sugar, 1/4 cup water, rum, brandy and nutmeg until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; gradually whisk in the cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- 3. Place chocolate chips in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- 4. In a small saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Stir in the coffee liqueur, espresso powder and remaining sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Dip 14 ladyfingers into mixture; arrange in a single layer in a 5-qt. glass bowl. Spread 2 cups mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons chocolate. Repeat layers four times. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 21 servings.
3/4 cup: 554 calories, 34g fat (18g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Tiramisu Trifle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC