- Using a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center
- of each ball. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until center is
- set. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, extract and
- enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Tint with food
- coloring if desired. Pipe about 1/2 teaspoon into each cookie.
- Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.