Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Pies are therapy to me. This is one I make for special events and holiday celebrations. The eggnog and sweet potato make a soft filling that goes nicely with the crunchy topping. —Sarah Spaugh, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Carefully spread caramel topping over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggnog, egg, butter and vanilla. Stir in the sugars and cinnamon. Carefully spoon over caramel layer.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over pie.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 542 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC