Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Carefully spread caramel topping over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggnog, egg, butter and vanilla. Stir in the sugars and cinnamon. Carefully spoon over caramel layer.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over pie.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 542 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie
"I left out the white sugar since the sweet potatoes themselves were so sweet, and everyone said it was wonderful."
"I made this for our Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious! The pie plate was cleaned up quickly!!"
"Love love love this pie. Family went nuts over this. Will definitely do again for Christmas. I did add a few touches to the mix. Tsp of nutmeg & allspice."
"This pie was so easy and not to mention delicious. This takes place of my previous recipe."
"This recipe is SO EASY, and was a definite winner with my family! Can't wait to share it at the next church potluck!"
"I have been making sweet potatoe pies every year for quite a few years now. I have my own recipe but was intrigued by the idea of using egg nogg rather than plain milk. So I had to try it! I must say, although I didn't follow the recipe to a tee, the results were absolutely on point and fabulous!! Best sweet potatoe pie I have ever eaten or made in my life, and I know a lot about soul food....here is my changes for the best pie ever: 2C mashed red yams/sweet potatoes, 1 stick butter melted, 2eggs, 1T flour, 1/2C each of light brown sugar & white sugar, 1T nutmeg ( or more ), 1T cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 3/4 C egg nogg. Blend as recipe says, pour into unbaked pie crust. Foil around the edges of crust and bake for one hour at 350. Done when knife inserted comes out clean!"
"Can you use canned sweet potatoes?"
"First time I've ever made a pie and it was so easy and delicious, I can't wait to make another one!"