Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Carefully spread caramel topping over bottom of pastry shell; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggnog, egg, butter and vanilla. Stir in the sugars and cinnamon. Carefully spoon over caramel layer.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in pecans. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"I left out the white sugar since the sweet potatoes themselves were so sweet, and everyone said it was wonderful."
"I made this for our Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious! The pie plate was cleaned up quickly!!"
"Love love love this pie. Family went nuts over this. Will definitely do again for Christmas. I did add a few touches to the mix. Tsp of nutmeg & allspice."
"This pie was so easy and not to mention delicious. This takes place of my previous recipe."
"This recipe is SO EASY, and was a definite winner with my family! Can't wait to share it at the next church potluck!"