Eggnog Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
I love eggnog so I am always looking for new ways to use it. When I added it to mashed sweet potatoes I knew I had a winner. You can make this the night before and refrigerate it unbaked; the next day, let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.—Katie Wollgast, Florissant, Missouri
- 3-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 large)
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove and discard peel. Mash potatoes in a large bowl (you should have about 6 cups mashed). Stir in eggnog, raisins, sugar and salt. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans and spices; stir in butter. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through and topping is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Eggnog Sweet Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Eggnog Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review