- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nutmeg and remaining sugar. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"Absolutely wonderful moist cookies. Turned out perfect for me. The rum and the nutmeg are the best taste combination in this recipe. The kids all want these made now over any other cookie.Thanks for sharing."
"These turned out great and made a lot for just a little effort. A great addition to our holiday cookies this year. Love the eggnog flavor!!!"
"I just baked these and found them to have no flavor."
"This cookie has the WOW factor....amazing!It made 6.5 doz. like it said. The dough was very easy to work with. I didn't have rum extract so i used Bacardi....shhh. it worked just fine. It does resemble egg nog! I'm throwing out my other recipes for snicker doodles....ty 4 sharing!"
"Tasty cookies and easy to make. However, the yield was only 4.5 dozen - not 6.5 as the recipes says. Therefore, I need to make another batch today to have enough for my cookie exchange!! I used a #50 size scoop to make the balls, which ended up with a cookie that is 2.75" in diameter - a nice, but not over sized cookie. I usually expect it to not make as many as it says it will, but don't expect it to be off by 2 dozen!!"