- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nutmeg and remaining sugar. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog Snickerdoodles
"These cookies are delicious.I made them at Christmastime; but my family enjoys them so much that I make them all the time."
"Easy to make. Not fluffy like the photo. Little too crispy for my liking. Nice flavour. Pretty. I would recommend baking them at a lower temperature. That helped to reduce the crispness."
"I make these every year for Christmas!"
"Absolutely wonderful moist cookies. Turned out perfect for me. The rum and the nutmeg are the best taste combination in this recipe. The kids all want these made now over any other cookie.Thanks for sharing."
"These turned out great and made a lot for just a little effort. A great addition to our holiday cookies this year. Love the eggnog flavor!!!"