Dale Hartman of Coventry, Rhode Island likes to serve this yummy alternative to the traditional holiday favorite. Although made with fat-free ingredients, the easy-to-fix recipe retains the thick creamy consistency of the classic Christmas beverage.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon brandy extract or vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process
- until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 148 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.