Eggnog Rice Pudding
"I find this pretty dessert particularly good for holiday entertaining," writes Berdine Lilja of Elk River, Minnesota.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups eggnog
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place 2 cups eggnog in a heavy saucepan. Combine cornstarch and
- remaining eggnog until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly; boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- rice, cherries, vanilla and salt. Spoon into dishes. Chill 2-3
- hours. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 250 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.