Lemon-lime soda gives this rich beverage a delicate flavor. Even people who don't care for eggnog won't be able to resist a creamy glassful. It's a hit at our Christmas parties. —Lorrie Sexauer, DeSoto, Texas
Recommended: Christmas Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 to 8 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a saucepan, combine 2 cups half-and-half cream, eggs and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 9 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, nutmeg if desired and remaining half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Pour into a punch bowl. Stir in whipping cream and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with cherries. Serve immediately. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Originally published as Eggnog Punch in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p22
Reviews forEggnog Punch
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2015
"i make this every Christmas and it's a big hit...everyone loves it"