Eggnog Punch Recipe
- 4 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 to 8 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a saucepan, combine 2 cups half-and-half cream, eggs and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 9 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, nutmeg if desired and remaining half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2. Pour into a punch bowl. Stir in whipping cream and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream and sprinkle with cherries. Serve immediately. Yield: about 4 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 453 calories, 34 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 206 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Punch
"i make this every christmas and it's a big hit...everyone loves it"
"I made this for our Women's Quilting group Christmas party and it was a big success. I omitted the marachino cherries. Easy to prepare. This time of year, the ingredients are common to have on hand. Thank you."