Eggnog Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Eggnog gets extra credit for the creamy custard filling in this treasured recipe from field editor Terri Gonzalez, Roswell, New Mexico. She notes, “This pie of my mom’s is the absolute best pumpkin pie I have ever tasted.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggnog, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 285 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC