Eggnog Poundcake with Custard Sauce Recipe
A flavorful blend of eggnog and nutmeg makes this cake a natural holiday favorite. It uses a convenient boxed mix base.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on low until for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolk; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with the cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Poundcake with Custard Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC