- Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens
- and boils, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Beat egg yolk in a small bowl; stir in half of hot mixture, then
- return to saucepan and cook 1 minute on low. Remove from heat; stir
- in vanilla and butter. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream;
- refrigerate. Serve sauce over cake slices; sprinkle nutmeg on top if
- desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.