- for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir a small amount of hot
- filling into egg yolk; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring
- to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 15
- minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Serve
- with the cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.