- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups nonalcoholic eggnog
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAMY CUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Beat on low until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; invert on a wire rack. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Beat egg yolk in a small bowl; stir in half of hot mixture, then return to saucepan and cook 1 minute on low. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and butter. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream; refrigerate. Serve sauce over cake slices; sprinkle nutmeg on top if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Pound Cake
Sort By :
This cake is AWSOME! Recipe has given me an extra bonus! I'm lactose intolerant, so I made the pudding with half non dairy eggnog and half mocha mix, and it turned out great! Thank you!
This cake is so moist and delicious. It looks so pretty and smells delicious as it is cooking. I wasn't expecting to have such a rich taste. I made this about three weeks ago and I am going to make it again on Christmas Eve for my family. I did not even use the custard sauce. Whipcream goes great with it!
My kitchen smelled amazing as this easy to assemble cake baked in the oven. Superb flavor, I would serve the cake with just a sprinkling of powdered sugar. But the custard sauce that is served with it takes on an elegance in flavor. Fabulous!