- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAMY CUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube can. Combine first six ingredients; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool completely. Fold in whipped cream; refrigerate until cold. Serve sauce with cake; if desired, sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Pound Cake
"This cake is AWSOME! Recipe has given me an extra bonus! I'm lactose intolerant, so I made the pudding with half non dairy eggnog and half mocha mix, and it turned out great! Thank you!"
"This cake is so moist and delicious. It looks so pretty and smells delicious as it is cooking. I wasn't expecting to have such a rich taste. I made this about three weeks ago and I am going to make it again on Christmas Eve for my family. I did not even use the custard sauce. Whipcream goes great with it!"