A holiday favorite of Florence Shaw from East Wenatchee, Washington, this creamy pie delivers wonderful eggnog flavor. It's very pretty, too, with a sprinkling of nutmeg on top.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in eggnog until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in extracts; fold in whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Eggnog Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p65
Reviews for Eggnog Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review