Eggnog Pie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in eggnog until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Stir in extracts; fold in whipped cream. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Pie(4)
Sort By :
Sooo delicious! My daughter and I feasted in excess! I agree on the deep dish pie pan!
This tastes great. The one thing that you need to correct is the pastry shell information. Based on the recipe, I used a standard 9" pie shell and had lots of custard left over. I am sure this would have been avoided with a deep dish pie shell. I also served it with whip cream on top and it looked very pretty.
I made this to use up left over egg nog and whipping cream after Christmas. It tasted great and looked beautiful. I used a graham cracker crust. I would adjust the instructions to say stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Mine started to burn a little on the bottom while I was waiting for it to boil. Aside from that, it was easy to make and worth it. Wish there was a picture as I almost overlooked this treat while searching for a good pie recipe.
This pie is fabulous.It is also easy and fast to make without a lot of fuss.Try it and see for yourself.Thanks for the recipe. Wish they had a picture to show how pretty it looks with nutmeg sprinkled on top.