Eggnog Pancakes Recipe
During the holidays, my family is delighted when they awake to a platter piled high with these featherlight flapjacks. Pancakes made from a mix just can't compare to these homemade delights. —Marilyn Mueller, Fayetteville, Arkansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 444 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC