- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and, if desired, nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog Pancakes
"They needed some sugar to sweeten them a bit, and there wasn't nearly enough liquid- it turned out more like biscuit batter."
"Wonderfully easy with a subtle, not over powering, egg nog flavor."
"These tasted delicious! I was concerned there was no sugar listed but they tasted great without it. I did need to add some skim milk to thin the batter."
"I did have to add about an extra cup of eggnog to thin the batter to pouring consistency but these were wonderful pancakes! We loved them!"
"I, too, thinned the batter by adding more eggnog. When the batter reached the consistency of typical pancake batter, I cooked them and they were delicious! My whole family loved them! I will definitely make these again."