These individual pastry desserts featuring the flavor of eggnog are Christmasy and yummy. Plus, I can start preparing them ahead of time and do the assembly just before serving.
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar and ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small heavy saucepan, mix sugar,
- cornstarch, salt and nutmeg. Whisk in milk and rum. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low;
- cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks;
- return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook
- and stir 1 minute. Immediately transfer to a clean bowl; stir in
- butter and vanilla. Cool slightly. Press plastic wrap onto surface
- of filling; refrigerate 1 hour or until cold.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll into a
- 12x10-in. rectangle. Cut into fifteen 4x2-in. rectangles. Place