Eggnog Mousse Recipe
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups reduced-fat eggnog
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- Additional ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over eggnog; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in vanilla. Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken.
- 2. Beat mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Divide among four dessert dishes. Refrigerate until firm. Garnish with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.