Eggnog Molded Salad Recipe
For an excellent holiday gelatin salad, try this one. It looks so lovely on a platter and tastes good with the fruit and a hint of eggnog flavor. It goes well with any meal because it's refreshing. -Alice Ceresa, Rochester, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, maraschino cherries and mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water; set aside. Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 2 cups. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture and lemon gelatin until completely dissolved. Cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and eggnog until well blended. Chill until partially set. Cut the oranges and pears into chunks; add to eggnog mixture. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill until firm. Garnish with oranges, cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC