- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, maraschino cherries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand 1 minute.
- Drain pears over a 2-cup measuring cup, reserving syrup. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 2 cups; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add lemon gelatin and unflavored gelatin mixture; stir 2 minutes to dissolve completely. Cool 15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and eggnog until well blended. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Cut oranges and drained pears into chunks; stir into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate, covered, until firm. If desired, serve with oranges, cherries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Molded Salad
"Very creamy in texture and light in flavor. I would like it to have a bit stronger eggnog taste though. Maybe I will try and change it a bit next time I make it."
"Looks pretty and has a light, refreshing taste."
"Served this for Christmas brunch. Followed the recipe except cut back sour cream in favor of a little more eggnog. It was fantastic and very popular---so light and refreshing. It is lovely to look at when decorated with some fresh raspberries. Will definitely put this on our list to repeat again next Christmas. Enjoy!"
"Every year for XMAS brunch ... light and fruity. We love it."
"This is beautiful to look at and is very yummy."
"I've been making this for several years and love it, it has a lemony and eggnog taste and the fruit is a nice bonus. It is a forgiving recipe, too, and you can probably add what fruit you favor, such as fruit cocktail, peaches, etc."