- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced pears
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, maraschino cherries and mint leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and water; set aside. Drain pears, reserving juice; set pears aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 2 cups. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin mixture and lemon gelatin until completely dissolved. Cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in sour cream and eggnog until well blended. Chill until partially set. Cut the oranges and pears into chunks; add to eggnog mixture. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill until firm. Garnish with oranges, cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Molded Salad
"Very creamy in texture and light in flavor. I would like it to have a bit stronger eggnog taste though. Maybe I will try and change it a bit next time I make it."
"Looks pretty and has a light, refreshing taste."
"Served this for Christmas brunch. Followed the recipe except cut back sour cream in favor of a little more eggnog. It was fantastic and very popular---so light and refreshing. It is lovely to look at when decorated with some fresh raspberries. Will definitely put this on our list to repeat again next Christmas. Enjoy!"
"Every year for XMAS brunch ... light and fruity. We love it."
"This is beautiful to look at and is very yummy."