- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, sugar, butter and extracts; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Eggnog Mini Loaves
"Yummy eggnog bread. Nice way to use my leftover eggnog."
"It was delicicous...I have made it many times."
"Thought this was a little bland so I added some fresh cranberries and chopped pecans. It really perked it up. Made about 30 loaves last Christmas for gifts. Plan to make more this year."
"These tasted great but were very heavy."
"Delicious! Great eggnog flavor and freeze well!"
"Simple and tasty"
"I agree with Juniecat. Nothing special. I expected it to be much moister, like a banana bread."
"Yummy, moist and great at Holidays."
"Gave these delicious loaves as Christmas gifts. My friends & family loved them. Only change I made was to add 1 teaspoon of vanilla & 3 of rum instead of the suggested 2 of each. Yum."
"This recipe was just ordinary, not much flavor. Will not make again."