- Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 2
- minutes. Stir in rum and nutmeg. Press plastic wrap onto surface of
- custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Discard vanilla bean. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds
- full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice
- cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4
- hours before serving.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in
- brown sugar, cream and corn syrup; cook and stir until sugar is
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in rum. Serve with ice cream.
- Yield: 1-1/2 quarts (1 cup sauce).
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.