Eggnog Fudge Recipe
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, eggnog, cream and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, walnuts and vanilla.
- 3. Spread into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/4 pounds.
2 piece: 114 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Fudge
"Made this last year and it came out great. Just finished another batch, and I'm sure it is just as good. I think it could use a little more eggnog though. 1cup instead of 2/3 cup. Maybe next time. Also I just use 2 tbs of milk instead of whipping cream as I don't always have it on hand. Don't think it makes any difference as long as you cook to 238 deg. Enjoy."
"excellent, a real hit at Christmas especially!!"
"FUDGE CRUMBLES WHEN CUTTING IT -- MADE IT TWICE AND SAME THING HAPPENED BOTH TIMES."
"I have used this recipe for about 3-4 years now, and it never fails to get rave reviews. I usually make a double batch, because people request that I bring it to holiday gatherings so much! Top notch fudge!"