Eggnog Fudge Recipe
I experimented with many recipes featuring eggnog before coming up with this winning combination. —Richell Welch, Buffalo, Texas
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, eggnog, cream and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, walnuts and vanilla.
- 3. Spread into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/4 pounds.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 114 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC