I experimented with many recipes featuring eggnog before coming up with this winning combination. —Richell Welch, Buffalo, Texas
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, eggnog, cream and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, walnuts and vanilla.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cool to room temperature. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Eggnog Fudge in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p76
Reviews for Eggnog Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review