Eggnog Fruit Bread Recipe
Presents from the pantry are a tradition in my family-and this moist, fruity quick bread is a favorite. I wrap loaves in cellophane and garnish with stickers and curly ribbons. —Margo Stich, Rochester, Minnesota
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil. Beat in the sugar, extracts and eggnog. Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to egg mixture. Toss the fruit with remaining flour; stir into batter. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC