Presents from the pantry are a tradition in my family-and this moist, fruity quick bread is a favorite. I wrap loaves in cellophane and garnish with stickers and curly ribbons. —Margo Stich, Rochester, Minnesota
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil. Beat in the sugar, extracts and eggnog. Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to egg mixture. Toss the fruit with remaining flour; stir into batter. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Eggnog Fruit Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p25
Reviews for Eggnog Fruit Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
"loved this!Going to make small loaves for the cookie trays we make"