Eggnog Fruit Bread Recipe
Presents from the pantry are a tradition in my family-and this moist, fruity quick bread is a favorite. I wrap loaves in cellophane and garnish with stickers and curly ribbons.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil. Beat in the sugar, extracts and eggnog. Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to egg mixture. Toss the fruit with remaining flour; stir into batter. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Eggnog Fruit Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p25
Reviews for Eggnog Fruit Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
Going to make small loaves for the cookie trays we make