- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons rum extract, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, combine the pudding mix, eggnog and milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon extract. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover surface of pudding with waxed paper; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and remaining extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and allspice. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. With floured fingers, press onto the bottom and up the sides of well-greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Just before serving, pipe or spoon pudding into cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Eggnog-Filled Cookie Cups
Sort By :
I think I over-baked the cups which made them too crunchy, otherwise, these are very yummy cookies. I didn't have rum extract so I used a tiny bit of rum. tip: I never make a "cup" cookie without using paper liners in the tassie pans - it's so much easier to remove them from the pan and they're ready to place on your cookie tray.
Out of the 3 dozen cups, about 2 came out of the pan intact. One pan we tried to unmold right out of the oven. One we tried to unmold when they were cooled. The only thing that was good was the filling. The only thing we could do with the "cups" was use the crumbs to garnish the pudding mixture.
I too had trouble removing these from the pan. They were tasty,loved the pudding, but I'd like to know just how I can be sure the cookies come out better next time. I might try once more, will have to see.
Even though I greased the mini muffin tins very well, they still stuck really badly. They fell apart when I tried to remove them immediately, and shattered after leaving them to cool. These were for a X-mas party and I had to go to the bakery at the last minute so that I had something to take. Very disappointed!
LOVED the flavor and crunch of the cookie cup! Next time I will reduce the nutmeg and rum extract -- together they cancel the eggnog flavor. So pretty to serve -- mine looked just like the photo!