I put together a cookbook of my grandma's Christmas recipes that includes this classic eggnog appetizer. Serve it as a dip with fresh fruit or drizzle it over cake for dessert.
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- Assorted fruit and pound cake cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the eggnog and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into eggnog mixture with extract if desired. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with fruit and cake cubes. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Eggnog Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p23
Reviews for Eggnog Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review