Eggnog Cutout Cookies Recipe
I created this cookie recipe because my sons liked eggnog so much. After frosting the cookies, you can add to their festive flair by sprinkling them with colored sugar.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon eggnog
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 4 to 5 tablespoons eggnog
- Liquid or paste food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in eggnog. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, nutmeg if desired and enough eggnog to achieve icing consistency. Add food coloring if desired. Spread over cooled cookies; let stand until set. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Cutout Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC